Wednesday, November 02, 2005

paperbackswap.com

Alright, here's the deal. If you have 9 lame books that you can stand to part with and would like to receive cool books in their place, you HAVE to go to www.paperbackswap.com
After you create an account you post your 9 books and receive 3 credits in return (1 credit=1 book). Credits are used to orderbooks on the website. You search their 200,000 available books, find ones you like and click "order" and they come to your house for free. The brilliant thing is, when someone orders one of your posted books, all you do is click "print wrapper" and it prints an address label on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. You wrap the requested book in it, put on the right number of stamps (it tells you on the wrapper), and drop it in the mail. When the person receives your book, a credit is added to your account and you can order more books.
I've already mailed out about 35 books that I'll never pick up again in my life. I've received 4 new books (used but new to me), and I have 10 more coming in the mail.

Here's where I need you. I know it's kind of early to start asking favors from you in my 2nd post, but if you create an account, please put my email address where it says "referred by:" (mattcarder900@hotmail.com). Yes, I do get a free book credit out of it or whatever. But the bigger deal is that I'm having this unspoken competition with my friend Adam Weber, who I got started with this website. And now he has like half of Muncie signed up and they've all put Adam down as the person who referred them. So I'm trying to beat him. This isn't a pyramid scheme by the way so don't worry. If you have old books you want to get rid of and would like better ones--just check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger rebekah said...

LIZ!!!!!!!!!
wow. you have crossed my mind tons lately. i would love to hear how you are doing.
[hey matt:)-- long time, huh?... and this about the only reason that i too have become a fan of blogging in recent months... cause you find long, lost friends :) and make them not-so-lost once again]

:)rebekah

rebekah.cochran@gmail.com

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter